The Drupal Association today announced the addition of DrupalCon Sydney, February 6-9, 2013. The conference will take place at the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach with the theme of “Growing Drupal Downunder.” Held a few steps from the sands of Coogee Beach in the height of Sydney’s summer, this world-class event will be essential to attend for any organisation Downunder already using, or considering using Drupal as their content management platform.
Australia and New Zealand have seen exponential growth in the use of the Drupal content management platform for building rich, social and highly scalable websites in recent years. With a strong Drupal community Downunder, the Drupal Association is launching DrupalCon Sydney to not only bring current users together to share their knowledge and expertise, but also to invite and educate new Drupalers into this vibrant and active community.
Who should attend:
- Anyone in the region who wants to learn about the open source Drupal CMS and when and why it can work for their web sites
- Local web developers, themers, site architects, project managers, content authors, designers, front and back end developers and more that want to engage with the community behind Drupal
- Web professionals and firms who offer Drupal related services
- Web development firms looking to utilize Drupal in many different ways
- Anyone working for an organisation that’s adopted Drupal as their CMS
- Technology decision makers
Dries Buytaert, will keynote the opening session and talk about the future of Drupal, and welcome new and old users alike. That we know. Other keynotes, registration, call for papers and sponsorship details will be announced very soon.
The local Drupal community is very excited that the momentum built at previous Drupal Downunder events in Melbourne and Brisbane and we expect Drupalcon Sydney to play a key role in building awareness in helping grow Drupal Downunder!
With a limit of 400 attendees, we expect to sell out very quickly, so if you want to gain valuable insights as a project manager, user experience expert, content author, designer, front and back end developer, register early so you don't miss out!
If you are interested in learning about sponsorship opportunities, contact Megan Sanicki.
Keep up-to-date with all things Drupalcon Sydney and follow @drupalcon on Twitter or join our mailing list.